Westborough Map Collection
The earliest maps in the collection are copies of originals. Most of the original maps are from the nineteenth and twentieth centuries and can be used to trace the development of Westborough from its early industrial history through to its present state as a modern town with strong links to the past. In addition to “standard” maps and atlases that show streets and sometimes houses in town, the collection includes zoning and planning, environmental, topographical, and transportation maps, all of which provide various means of viewing Westborough’s geographic features. Maps from surrounding towns are limited, but one showing Northborough’s historic sites shows the outline of the old boundary lines of Marlborough superimposed over the current “borough” towns.
A map of Westborough as surveyed by Nahum Fisher in 1830, with improvements made in 1837.